The Final Essay is the major assignment of the course. Susan Glaspell and Eugene O?Neill are credited with the creation of an authentic American drama. (McMichael & Leonard, 2011, p. 1708). Choose from The Hairy Ape or from Triflesand create a well-written essay arguing how the story or characters in the play are authentic to the American experience. What aspect of the American experience do they portray? You need only choose one aspect and argue it well with examples from the play. However, you should use multiple literary elements to support your argument.
This is a literary essay and must, above all else, examine the primary works discussed. Every insight you make should be an analysis of the primary works you are examining. Outside references should be used to support your thoughts and ideas.
The Final Essay must:
1. Be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style
2. Include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student?s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor?s name
o Due Date of Assignment
3. Begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Include three literary elements to be used to support the main argument about the topic.
5. Address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
6. End with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
7. Use at least three literary resources
8. Document all sources in APA style
Some error has occured.