Change Theory and Social Change
Intentional change requires knowledge of change theory and processes and a plan for bringing about the change to which you are committed. Particularly with social change, it also is advisable to think about ethical considerations and issues that you need to be mindful of as you engage in a change process. Other areas to focus on include the following:
What exactly do you want to accomplish? What do you envision happening by the end of your efforts? What is the context of, and capacity and commitment to change of the members of the organization or the part of society who will be involved in the change? And what challenges might you encounter in the social change effort?
To prepare for this assignment:
• Bring to mind the societal or profession-related problem/issue you selected.* (Domestic Abuse)
• Review the articles, “Change Theory in CPE and HRD: Toward a Holistic View of Learning and Change in Work,” “Planning to Change: Strategic Planning and Comprehensive School Reform,” “Relative Ranking of Conditions that Facilitate Innovation Implementation in the USA,” and “Reinstating the Lewinian Vision: From Force Field Analysis to Organization Field Assessment.” Reflect on the change process and changetheories.
• Review the codes of ethics at websites listed below. Pay particular attention to ethical issues or challenges that might arise in efforts to create change.
• Reflect on the problem/issue you selected and identify one change theory or approach and related change processes (e.g., force-field analysis, SWOT analysis, etc.) that you might use to guide you in planning for, engaging in, and bringing others into a social change effort related to your problem/issue. (Domestic Abuse)
• Identify at least two ethical issues or challenges that might arise in your efforts to create the change you wish to bring about, and consider how, specifically, the ACA, NASW, or ACJS code of ethics would provide guidelines and/or advice.
The assignment (2??”3 pages):
• Briefly describe the problem or issue you selected.
• Briefly describe and then explain a change theory and related change processes that could be applied to your social change effort. Explain how you would apply the theoryand processes and how, specifically, they would work with your change effort.
• Briefly describe two ethical issues or challenges that might arise in your efforts to create these changes, and what the ACA, NASW, or ACJS code of ethics would advise in each case. Be specific, citing specific elements from the code.
Support your Application Assignment, citing all resources in APA style
• Counselors for Social Justice
• American Counseling Association: Ethics
Note: After clicking the above link, click the link that reads, 2005 ACA Code of Ethics (PDF).
• National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics
• Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Code of Ethics
There are faxes for this order.
Customer is requesting that (jonsmom2) completes this order
Some error has occured.