The purpose of this paper is to research child abuse from all angles to try to understand what we as a society may be doing wrong, and also what we may be doing right to help the young victims of child abuse. What part does the Child Protection Agencies play in protecting our children? Are the States laws helping or hindering the process? I will present research data, which will show the increase of child abuse from year to year. Additionally, these papers will review the history of child abuse, tracing the changes in the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, and discusses the challenges that are faced today by the child protection system.
2. What is Child Abuse and Neglect?
3. History of Child Abuse
4. Types of Abuse
5. What factors contribute to Child Abuse?Causes
6. Understanding the Impact of Historic policies on Child Maltreatment
7. States Statutes on Child Abuse and Neglect
8. Child Abuse Laws
a. The evolation of Child Welfare Policies
9. The Role of Child Protective Services
10.The consequences of Child Abuse
a. Primary prevention
b. Secondary prevention
c. Tertiary prevention
12. Social Intervention Strategies
a. Helping the family
b. The Delivery of Services
14. Recommendations for policy changes
Some error has occured.