I request writer johnfitz44 for this research paper.
4 to 6 page research paper on Christopher Columbus. My thesis statement is… “We have a holiday to celebrate him. We were taught he was remarkable sailor who discovered the world was round, but to some, Christopher Columbus was anything but a hero.” This thesis statement may be revised upon research. Please use your discretion.
The paper should make an argument where the historical importance of the person, place or event is debated. Some things to address are – how did this particular thing affected history and did it affect history and/or a society positively or negatively.
Cite sources using parenthetical citations, endnotes or footnotes. Can use either MLA or Chicago styles. Need to have at least 4 sources. The paper should have at least one primary source. Should be double spaced 12 pt font in Times New Roman with one inch Margins. Please double space after punctuation.
criteria from instructor:
The introductory paragraph of the paper should include a thesis statement where the argument of the paper is detailed.
Need to explain how facts and other information extracted from sources add to their argument.
Answer the Prompt
A few of the instructor’s suggested websites:
Internet Modern History Sourcebook http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/modsbook.html
· World History Sources http://chnm.gmu.edu/worldhistorysources/whmfinding.php
Only US Sources
· Digital History http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/documents/documents_p1.cfm
· Making Of America Civil War Documents http://digital.library.cornell.edu/m/moawar/index.html
· The national archive http://www.archives.gov/
· From Revolution to Reconstruction http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/index.htm
Some error has occured.