You have been contacted by Becca, the owner of a local coffeehouse, who is interested in offering Internet access to her customers. The coffee house has an area of 400 square feet, consists of two rooms and a coffee bar, and is already wired for phone service but not for cable. Becca would like to offer five computer stations, where customers may browse the Internet and access email. In addition, she would also like to offer wireless Internet access for the customers at the coffee shop. An area along the north wall of the coffee house has been set aside for the five computer stations, and since this is a very popular local hangout, it is expected that the computers, as well as the wireless connections, would be in constant use. She is working with a
tight budget, so she would like you to recommend a quality setup that is only as expensive as need be to meet her customers’ needs.
You may search online for supplemental information on cost, usability, and functionality of components to help you complete this CheckPoint.
• Write a 200 to 300 word response to Becca with your recommendations on how the system will be designed. Include answers to the following questions concerning the type of components and services to be used. Explain how you made the choice for each question.
1. Which type of system will you recommend: terminal-to host, file server, or client/server?
2. Explain which protocol and network switching device(s) you would use for the five computers on the LAN and for the wireless access?
3. In regards to cabling, which media type will be best suited for this project?
4. What telecommunications device should the coffee house purchase?
5. Which Internet service type would suit Becca’s customers best?
Some error has occured.