Literature Search Worksheet Week 2
Select a literature search topic relevant to your practice. The topic must be sufficiently delineated in scope without being trivial. You will revisit this article in the Week Five presentation. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
o Non-pharmacological pain relief with childbirth
o Effects of shift work and fatigue on medication errors
o Best practices for pin site care
o Nurse satisfaction in magnet hospitals
o Accurate temperature assessment methods in neonates
o Pain assessment in the cognitively impaired ( choose this)
o Childhood type II diabetes and obesity
o Complementary and alternative therapies for control of menopausal symptoms
o Best practices in nurse-led smoking cessation classes
o Thermoregulation in the operating room
o Best practices for pain assessment and management in specified area of practice
Answer the following questions using your selected research article:
1. Is this qualitative or quantitative?
2. What is the study design?
3. What criteria did you use to determine the study design?
4. How did you confirm that the journal you selected was peer-reviewed or germinal?
5. Does this research article generate support for evidence-based practice?
6. If not, state why it does not.
Some error has occured.