This assignment is based on the identification of a change that you believe is needed on the unit level or within the agency. Potential settings include clinical sites and work sites. The purpose of this assignment is to facilitate integration of basic concepts of changetheory, problem-solving, decision-making, and principles of leadership through the use of nursing process.
Copies of all cited sources must be submitted with the final draft of the paper. Please place the paper and references in a folder for submission. Specific criteria follow:
Assessment (20 points)
1. Discuss the problem you have identified from the standpoint of who it affects and how it affects them.
2. Is this a personal, professional, or organizational change?
3. What is the motivation for this change?
4. How would you validate that the problem actually exists? (What data could you collect for evidence?)
5. Identify factors which you think are responsible for the problem.
6. Describe the group that you have targeted for change. (What group of people need to learn to function differently?)
Diagnosis (10 points)
1. Concisely summarize the problem as a “nursing diagnosis” ??”
“Problem + related to…. + as evidenced by….”
2. State your goal for change including time frame and threshold for compliance (benchmark for success).
Plan (40 points)
1. Identify driving and restraining forces affecting goal attainment.
2. Discuss how you will troubleshoot these forces.
3. Incorporate change theory, problem-solving, decision-making, and leadership concepts to promote goal attainment.
4. Develop a plan for implementation, including time lines, projected costs, and promotional activities.
Evaluation (15 points)
1. Describe how you will evaluate the success of your plan for change? (Hint look at the ways you used to validate a problem existed in the first place.) What will the change look like? How will you know that a change happened?
2. What did you learn from this project?
Format (15 points)
Paper is absolutely not to exceed 6 typed pages (or 8 if title page and reference list are counted).
1. APA Style/Format (5TH Edition)
a. Correct grammar, spelling, usage, etc. (total 10pts)
2. Referenced (total 5points) (Minimum of 5 nursing journal references.)
Some error has occured.