Expectations for take-home exam: Students will select 2 of 5 available questions and write 2 page (typed, double-spaced) responses for each question, using texts and notes to support their responses. Exam must be completed and submitted via Turnitin within 24hours. Late exams will not be accepted.
1. The Catholic social tradition has responded to both liberal capitalism and socialism. What are some of the critiques of each system? Compare the perspectives of Leo XIII and Paul VI on the topic.
2. Both Dorothy Day and Cesar Chavez are important figures in the Catholic social tradition. Compare and contrast the social action of each individual, referring to Mich’s types of social ministry. Finally, highlight how they integrated their spirituality with their social ministry.
3. Imagine that you are asked to describe Vatican II to a friend who has never heard about it. What would you say? Using the themes of Gaudium et Spes, discuss how Catholic social thought developed after Vatican II.
4. How has social justice been defined in Catholic social teaching? Describe specifically how the principles of common good, solidarity and rights and responsibilities relate to social justice.
5. Catholic social teaching stresses that peace is not just the absence of war. What social conditions are necessary for peace? Compare the perspectives of Leo XIII, John XXIII and Paul VI.
REMINDER: JUST CHOOSE 2 QUESTIONS OUT OF 5. 2 PAGE LONG FOR EACH QUESTION.
THE REQUIRED READING BOOK IS “Catholic Social Teaching And Movements” author by Marvin L. Krier Mich
THIS TERM PAPER WILL BE TURNED IN INTO TURNITIN.COM
There are faxes for this order.
Some error has occured.