• Describe the characteristics of vulnerable populations.
• Compare definitions, nursing theories, and models, as applied to vulnerablepopulations.
• Recognize personal and cultural attitudes and behaviors toward vulnerablepopulations.
1. Individual Assignment: Vulnerable Populations in Current Events Paper
• Find a recent newspaper article or periodical in the University Library discussing a vulnerable population or an event related to vulnerable populations.
• Prepare to discuss your article and the following questions:
o How would you define a vulnerable population?
o What barriers may prevent these groups from obtaining needed services?
o What experiences have you had with vulnerable groups in your own life?
• Submit your answers in a 250- to 500-word paper.
Current Events Paper Due Week 1 250 to 500 words Points Earned
Content: 3 points possible
1- A vulnerable population is defined
2- Barriers that prevent services are discussed
3- Experience with vulnerable groups is discussed
Paper Organization: 1 points possible (0.25 points per item)
1- The content is scholarly, comprehensive, and accurate. The paper is directed toward a nursing audience, and has a professional tone appropriate to the content and assignment.
2-The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
3-The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and summarizes the major points.
4- The paper structure is clear, logical, and easy to follow, and transitions between sections aid in maintaining the flow of thought.
Mechanics: 1 points possible (0.25 points per item)
1-The paper structure (including the title page, citations, and reference page) follows APA format.
2-Reference is recent newspaper article
3- Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure is used.
4- Word count is within guidelines.
Some error has occured.